Words: The Greatest Power We Have
We use them everyday, but do not think of how we use them. What are they? Words! Words can be the best thing one uses or they can take a government down in a day. One person may not think their words are offensive, but the receiver may take it hard. It is always better to speak positive than it is negative in any case. Positivity will encourage people to do better.
Using Negative Words Brings Negative Response
Everyone has emotions, even the people that seem like they do not. We all take everything differently than the next person so saying some negative words to one person may not bother them, but saying to the next one my cause a complete breakdown. This is why on should focus on being positive even when correcting a child or an employee.
5 Things Should Not Happen In the Workplace
Using negative words in everyday life can be rationalized, but using them in the workplace cannot be accepted. When a business want to move towards success then it needs to boost production with positive influence. Here are a few words that should not be used in the workplace.
- Calling a person stupid no matter how you refer it
- When you call a person stupid, idiot, dumb, or retard it does not matter if you say, “You are stupid” or if you say, “Doing that is stupid.”. What matters is the word one uses and it is still referring to the person. It tears down ones self-respect and can cause disrespect to authority.
- Have you ever felt jaded? Well if you have you may have felt that you had no hope. Supervisors need to show a hopeful attitude towards their crew. If their supervisors seem hopeless then the employees will be hopeless. When people feel hopeless they will believe no matter how much effort they put into it they will never get enough done.
- Too much overtime
- Now do not get this wrong overtime is great, especially when you get your paycheck. Although there is a such thing as too much of a good thing. When a employer works you 7 days a week 12 hours a day and no day off allowed then you are going to wear down and make mistakes. Your production will probably cut in half by the second week. No matter how much sleep you get you will probably start falling asleep at work by the end of the month. Then when you believe it will never end you may go look for another job but not have the time. Some may intentionally get fired to get out of there. If this ever happens to you take it as long as you can and save the money. When it starts to get to you go see your doctor. You can get a doctor’s excuse to get out of mandatory overtime.
- It only takes common sense no one likes to be threatened. Using a negative word can be conceived as a threat. If a person is belittled by a superior they could take it the wrong way. If a superior does not see you as a benefit to the team then you are no value to them anymore. So the person may see it necessary to stand for themself and go to the higher up. They may even make a threat that could be misconceived. In any situation making a threat is not good. The reason being it will come back at you one way or another.
- Every action has equal but opposite reaction- Sir Isaac Newton Third Law of Motion.
- You are a liar or you are wrong
- Why do some people believe everything they are told and others never believe what they are told? Well I believe it is because of self-confidence and trust. It may not be with whom they work with, it maybe from childhood. There are situations that people will lie and people will speak the truth. Like if a person is caught shoplifting they may say, “Oh I found it on the floor.”. Well one they lost trust as soon as they committed a crime and two they were probably caught because someone saw them do it. But if they are in a interview and they have on there they are the grandchild of the President of the United States and are called a liar then it is unjust. The manager should follow up and check to see if it is true. If it is then maybe call the person back in for a second interview if not then let it go. Making false accusations can be a crime. So we all need to think before we act.
Cause and Effect
It all comes from the beginning. The more negative thoughts, comments, actions, and responses grow the more negative will be reproduced. The only way to defeat the evil negative forces is with positivity.
Positive Reinforcement Will Always Succeed
How do you feel when someone tells you, “Good Job!”? Does it boost your ego a little. If it does that is good and natural. That is positive reinforcement. Some case are like instead of calling a person “stupid” you let them know how to improve or prevent. For example, “That was stupid to go outside without your jacket on you will get sick.”. Instead use, “You going outside, it is a little chilly here is your jacket to keep warm.” By being positive and handing them their jacket you are giving a choice to wear their jacket. It gives them the feeling they made the decision to put on their jacket, which the reason they did not wear their jacket was probably a case of rebellion to make their own choice.
What to Always Stay Positive On
There are many aspects in life both home and work that always should be approached positive. A lot of times we need support to keep moving forward.
Staying positive should not be difficult. We just need to avoid saying negative words, try and leave the word not out of the sentence, and always believe in yourself first. It is not selfish to think of yourself first. When the day comes to an end it will always be you in the end. Now for those who have family and have a complicated family that “alone time” is needed by everyone. Some guys can go out in the garage and work on something and ladies you may like sewing or talking with a friend. Setting a time to be together as a family and apart as individuals can be a good technique to help to stay positive. We can learn more when we are away from family and then bring it to the home and grow the knowledge within. On that always listen. Everything may not be a good idea, some may be pretty ridiculous, but listening helps build encouragement. It will allow them to think more and show them that being wrong is not a bad thing, but learning from mistakes is what helps you grow.
Always Inspire The Next Person To Be Greater
Inspiration is what has founded this country and what has brought us to where we are at in technology today. Taking a person’s inspiration from them may destroy the greatness of the future for mankind. Instead share their inspiration and become more inspired yourself and pass it to the next person. Here are a few quotes I like that I want to share with you.
Check out more
- Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham suffers vocal cord damage during heart surgery – UPI.com
- The Spin on Aspartame
- How To Deal With A Scammer
- Tax Payers React to Gas Tax Money Meant for Road Repair Used to Fund State Police
- Jesus’ Purpose Was So We Could Fulfill Our Purpose